Is neck pain making daily life tough? Dr. Daniel Bart at Pinnacle Chiropractic in Sandy Springs, GA, offers various effective techniques to help you find relief.
Neck Pain and Chiropractic Care
Neck pain is something that can impact every area of your life. It can make everything miserable, including the time in which you try to get restful sleep. Dr. Bart at Pinnacle Chiropractic in Sandy Springs, GA, shares how chiropractic care can help below.
What Causes Pain in the Neck?
Neck pain can be caused by many different things, many of which are related to daily habits. The following are some of the most common.
- Poor posture: Slouching or leaning your head over a device puts unnecessary strain on the muscles, discs, nerves, and more.
- Heavy objects: Carrying heavy purses or backpacks for long periods is a common cause of neck pain.
- Poor sleeping position: Many people sleep on their front, which means their heads are turned sideways for prolonged periods. Side sleeping and sleeping on your back can also cause pain if you don’t have proper neck support.
While habits are typically the most common cause of neck pain, they are not the only factors. Degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, and osteoarthritis are just a few ongoing conditions that can impact the neck. Whiplash due to auto or sports accidents is also a common cause.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
Chiropractors have several techniques that can help reduce or eliminate neck pain, beginning with a full assessment and diagnosis. Understanding the exact root cause as well as the contributing factors is key to ensuring that you receive the best care possible.
Once a diagnosis has been determined, a treatment plan can be customized to your needs. While every treatment plan will vary according to the patient, the following are some of the most common techniques provided:
- Adjustments to restore and maintain proper alignment of the neck
- Soft tissue therapy to help relieve tension and inflammation
- Therapeutic exercises to help stretch and strengthen the neck
Chiropractors don’t just help eliminate your current pain, though. They can also help prevent pain in the future. This is accomplished through the following chiropractic services:
- Postural correction to make proper posture more natural
- Maintaining cervical alignment to keep pressure from the muscles, discs, and other soft tissues
- Lifestyle guidance, which can include anything from recommendations for the best pillows to stress management for tension relief
Additionally, the recommended therapeutic exercises are beneficial for correcting current issues as well as preventing future ones.
Schedule your neck pain relief appointment with Dr. Bart at Pinnacle Chiropractic in Sandy Springs, GA, by calling (770) 698-0909 today.